Monday, March 16, 2020

Monday's In The Books; March 16, 2020

Had a great weekend getting away.  Ran about 15 miles as I added nine counties to my "run a mile in every Texas county" tally.

Got a chance today to walk with my daughter on our normal four-mile The Woodlands Waterway route.

She had run it earlier in the morning.  Great job, girlie.

We're going to go again on Tuesday morning, unless The Township doesn't allow it as the Board passed measures giving the President the ability to shut down parks.  (Not sure if that falls into that category or not.)

Thing is:  We saw more people out walking tonight than we have in quite some time.

Why?  Nobody else has anything left to be able to go and do in public for the time being.

I get it, but I'll just say this:  I don't believe the official narratives so far for all of this.

I've had races and sporting events taken away and another recent hobby may go by the wayside:  movies in the theaters.

I saw my 21st movie Monday night in my 10th different Texas movie theatre.  (In case you're counting at home, there's over 325 in the Lone Star state.)

Saw "The Hunt", which really got panned by just some of the peaking into a few reviews here or there; however, it turned out to be really good.

Although the concept -- liberal elites hunting conservatives (yes, real people) for sport -- was a bit sick, but it really shows how politicized our country is these days.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is another day to be thankful for and I hope and pray that God will watch over us all in what is happening in our world currently.

I'm honestly thankful, while I miss my grandmother, that she didn't have to live through the fear and craziness in the world right now.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment