Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Wednesday and Waiting; March 18, 2020

With all that is going on, I've kind of refrained from posting on social media (primarily Facebook).

I sent one tweet to somebody last night for a specific purpose, but that's about it.

I'm of the ilk, if you need to reach me, call me, text me or e-mail me at this point.

I think given the seriousness of what we're dealing with that I don't want to get caught up in the ebb and flow of things.

So we're a week away from the rodeo being cancelled here in Houston and it's been a long, quiet week so to speak.

My daughter and I have walked our favorite four-mile route the last two evenings and I expect to do so again tonight and maybe the last two days of the week too.

But as a result of my backup Internet connection points -- McDonald's closing their dining rooms, I've seen my parents both of the last two days while I get my home Internet situation upgraded.

I plan on continuing my county running adventures -- that is, a mile or more in a new Texas county.  I have where I plan to run already mapped out for Saturday and Sunday.

As a result I may get to all 254 Texas counties sooner than I thought that I might.

I'm fortunate that my work is basically virtual so I've not been affected by things.  In fact, I'm very thankful for that in more ways than one.

We're building systems and processes for an organization and 99.9% of what I'm involved with doesn't necessarily require face time with another individual.

We had already been engaging in WebEx and Microsoft Teams meetings so things continue to progress there.

I did get my Texas Parks pass - although I haven't gotten the physical card yet -- so I may add the state parks to my adventures to run in here in the weeks to come.

If you're ready this, I hope that you're staying safe and doing well.

Thanks, as always, for your support and friendship.

And if you happen to be a foe (I have a few), I may disagree with certain things, but I only wish the best for you and your family in these uncertain times.

No comments:

Post a Comment