Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cautiously Excited Father; February 17, 2013

I can't begin to describe what an humbling feeling it is to see the incredible growth a beautiful young woman has had in her life.

I can certainly tell you that I've been the one that has been blessed -- and I'm the one that is supposed to be leading her.

I remember a time not too long ago -- just less than five years ago -- when Waverly shied away from singing the National Anthem.

This was in the middle of nowhere (figuratively, of course) in Groveton, Texas at a marathon and half marathon that numbered no more than 300 participants.

She had sang it once before in October 2007 at the Huntsville Half Marathon, when she was a sixth grader.

Since then, as many of you know, she has performed the Anthem countless time in crowds numbering five to six thousand and has done so flawlessly.

So I am just in awe - as her father - that she will put herself out there in front of a skilled evaluator and audition for one of Liberty University's Ministry Teams on Friday when I travel with her to for me to take a look at the campus in Virginia.

Even though I'm not looking too forward to August 14, 2013, the day I have to leave her there, I know in my heart - and I truly believe - that this is where God wants Waverly to be.

My prayer is that, regardless of the outcome, God will continue to show her exactly where she needs to be to accomplish His perfect will for her life.

Please keep her in your prayers that she settle on a song that she's comfortable with and that she enjoys singing -- and that she'll walk away from the audition with a positive experience to continue to learn and grow from.

No comments:

Post a Comment