Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Tap Out Ten; February 26, 2020

So what's going on?  I guess a lot - and nothing, all at the same time.

There's nothing really major happening in my life.

I'm thankful for my health, job and family.

The crazy thing is trying to stay busy.  That's the biggest challenge.  If I don't fill my time with something, I get really lazy - and that's not a good look for me.

In fact, it affects me negatively in how I look at myself.

So, it is "do something".  I've probably seen more sporting events than the average person, but those too have a limit.

I thought about going down tonight to see Houston Baptist host Nicholls State, but honestly, I'm tired of watching the Huskies head men's basketball coach's antics.

Therefore, I'm going to go grab a bite to eat and see a movie.

Little bit of a shame of that's how I spend my time anymore, but I'd rather do something than nothing.

I have nothing against people who enjoy watching TV or movies at home, for that matter, but on the former, to me, it seems a waste of my time.

I'm looking forward to heading out of town this weekend for a very, very quick trip to Nashville.

My daughter really doesn't like to miss going to church on Sunday so we're flying up Friday night, running a 5K at 8:15 a.m. on Saturday morning, going back to the hotel, get cleaned up and head to Lipscomb University for a 1 p.m. men's basketball game against Liberty, her alma mater, and then it is a flight home that night.

It'll be fun.

She wants to do another half marathon soon, but many are on Sunday.  I think I found one today for next Saturday in Wichita Falls that is pretty much pancake flat.  Will give her the opportunity to kick the tires on her continued fitness -- and see if she can PR after being 12 seconds from it at Katy earlier this month.

For me, it will just be about keeping some semblance of miles up.  In my last 30 days reporting period, I had over 120 miles combined running and walking - split pretty evenly.  Ok, maybe not -- 54.54 miles running, 13.5 miles walking (to break a sweat) and then another 62.57 miles of what I might call light walking, but still I walk with intention.

As one of my favorite expressions is, "I'll take it."

When's the next time that I announce?  Sunday, March 24 at the Pearland Half Marathon.  I'm looking forward to it.

Then after that I really don't have anything on the calendar until the fall.

I need to respond back to The Woodlands Township on what I intend to do for Woodforest Bank Triathlon, Muddy Trails and Ten For Texas.  It is a shame that I even consider giving those up, but we'll see.  I really owe Megan in Parks and Recreation a telephone call to let them know.  I know that there'll be a lot of people disappointed.

If I were to look at it from a financial perspective, I'd be disappointed as the Township is some of the best money in town.  I walk away with a check every time.  Couple of producers around town that that can't be said for.  Robby Sabban, Bill Gardner and Jana Landry fall into that group.  Give Andy Stewart an invoice and he pays you.  Can't ask for much more than that.

My ten minutes for today is up.

Hope you've had a great week so far and have plans to have an excellent weekend ahead as we move into March.

No comments:

Post a Comment