Friday, June 12, 2020

Friday Night Something; June 12, 2020

If you had told me 20 years ago that the way to break my boredom for a weekend was to go out and run around the great state of Texas, I'd have laughed at you.

I just shuttered at the thought of sitting still for a whole weekend. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sitting and reading a good book or two, but doing more of that - or other sedentary activities - than other things ... I just feel like I'm wasting a bit of my life away.

Still there's so much that I like to do that I can't, but that's changing in a few weeks.  Let's hope.

In two weeks, I'm going to run a 5K in Jacksboro (Jack County) then drive out to Lubbock to cover the Ironman Texas 70.3 for Texas Runner and Triathlete magazine.

I'm already looking for a race for the Fourth of July.  Likely, I will be going to Mexia (which would be a new county - Freestone - to run a race in), and then to see a Texas Collegiate League baseball game somewhere as they will kick off that weekend.

Next weekend, I may go to Abilene to take part in the Abilene Runners Club's Summer Solstice Run, which includes a 5-miler, a three-hour run and a six-hour run.

Beyond all of this, it is make it up as I go.

There were lots of things in the world that were almost sure things that you could plan on so far in advance.  All of that has been turned upside down.  More than once or twice even!

So who knows what I'm working on these days. 

I will see my 25th movie of the year in my 15th different theatre.  And, yes, I think I have most of the theatres in the state on a tab on my big master spreadsheet.

If you're reading, short and sweet here.

Have a great weekend - and thanks for your friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment