Monday, September 14, 2020

Tap Out Ten; September 14, 2020

 I tweeted something irreverent earlier this evening and suddenly I wondered, "Who's following me and what might they thought about what I had just shared?

It was a tweet that was only intended about people in my world of following Texas private and parochial high school athletics.

Essentially, an attention-seeker.

Something that I am challenged by people who have that trait in their makeup.  

I know there is a stronger word for that, but I'd rather not use it.

I have always put my name to my work and I am disappointed when others don't.

It is almost that they are fearful of making a mistake and only seek to gain positive feedback.  I do not know, but, to me, it is a sad way to live.

Saw my 59th movie in a theater tonight in 2020.

One of the things that I am learning about the movie industry is how quick it seems that movies are going in and out of a market, especially with the lackluster turnout at the box office.

Obviously, there's been a lot of fear peddled out about getting COVID-19 in a theatre, but to me, if masks work, and everybody is wearing them, we should have no worry in spending less than two hours in a not completely closed (but not completely open either) space.

I do not know.  I just choose not to live in fear.

If there is as many showings as possible, I always choose the time that has the least amount of people who have purchased tickets.

I wish I had been keeping count, but I was the only one in the theater for "Blackbird" this evening at the Regal in Tomball.

It is sad to see movies having a hard time bouncing back, it seems.

I wonder if they will completely make it back.  

I do not know if some of them are still working on the last of their CARES act monies and then didn't get the pick me up that was expected with the showing of "Tenet".

And that is a movie that I have not yet seen.  Largely because it is two and a half hours long.

In a perfect world, I will see three more movies in the next three days, but stay tuned:  that's yet to be seen.

I had a fun time throwing a football in the living room with my daughter.

It seems like the large church young adults’ group that she goes to on Tuesday nights is playing flag football on Saturday, October 3.

She does not want to go out there like - as she put it - "dumb throwing girl" so we threw it back and forth about 10 or so times.  More work to come.  It was fun.  We had some laughs from it.

I am so appreciative of having my daughter be my very best friend in life.

I wish, however, though, that somebody might find me interesting enough to try and wrestle that title away from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment