Monday, June 27, 2022

Tap Out Ten; June 27, 2022

I don't know if I was tired or bored, or both.

I sat down on the couch last evening at around 8 p.m. and fell asleep.

And there I stayed until I needed to be up to get going for work.

Maybe I needed the rest.

Or maybe I just wasn't busy enough.

I begged off of our normal "Chalk Talk Live" early yesterday afternoon, which was to be for Sunday evening at 7 p.m.

I wanted to roam by possibly going to Seguin for a Texas Collegiate League baseball game, but decided against it and went to see "Elvis".

It was pretty good.  And it had a lot of actual footage during Elvis' life interspersed through.

I had to look some things up because I had never heard of them before.

Nonetheless, it was good.

I went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, Eva's, which is close to the house and then the rest of the night was a loss.

I had looked at possibly going to a second movie, but that didn't happen.

Nor did going to walk four miles.  Usually my standard.

As I write this I'm having some of the same debates for today.  Is it just me?  This phase of life that I'm in.

My weekend activities were foiled by my job.  They included TAPPS' 7-on-7 tournament and the TABC Showcase.  I guess I still could have gone to the latter yesterday, but didn't want to make the singular drive to Duncanville.

Combined with a multiple number of activities?  Sure.  It would just the gas expense.

I have airfare to Nashville for Saturday and back on Sunday, but since it is on Southwest I'm considering backing out of that.

If I go, I will check off two minor league stadiums -- Louisville and Bowling Green.

If not, I'll try to run a couple of races and see some games, but it is the just the matter of where will they be.

The favorite in the Saturday 5K is Poteet, which is in Atascosa County.  I've run a mile in the county, but not a race.

I'd love to run in San Saba, but what closest place has a hotel in which I'd stay to get cleaned up in after the race was over.

I think the problem sometime is I have a lot of competing interests in things that I'd like to.

And that confuses me - or that just the one doesn't satisfy the time.

I love this place that I'm in as it relates to reading.  72 books this year and I've enjoyed most of them and I'm trying to device ways to be more laser focused in my reading to move some titles that have just been sitting there for awhile.

So I have some things in mind.  I guess that it just depends on what comes out of it!

I really was a bit discouraged when I got back from the movie after having picked Waverly up on Saturday when she came back from church camp, had dinner with her that evening and then spent the remainder of the evening talking about numerous things as she got ready for Sunday.

When I got back, she was gone back to her place, but I was a little surprised of how emotional I was then - and am now, to be honest.

I meant to write and share with a good friend how much that time Saturday evening meant to be, but decided against it.  

So, it's memorialized here.

No comments:

Post a Comment