Sunday, November 19, 2023

Tap Out Ten; November 19, 2023

I love to write, but I don't write enough.

Sunday morning.  I know where I should be, but it isn't in the cards today.

I'll be heading to the gym here shortly.

I'm grateful for the progress on my weight since Memorial Day. 

I went for an interview with a prospective employer on Tuesday and I was able to get into a suit that I hadn't been for awhile.

Felt great and was incredibly happy.  Will be even more happier if I get that job, as I'll have to make some changes that would actually be exciting to make.  We'll see.

Busy time of year.

My run of announcing cross country meets this year is over with yesterday's NXR South.  Great event.  15 races, including the community race, but man, I was beat.

I came home, got showered and then went for a bite to eat before visiting my parents for a couple of hours Saturday evening.

I slept pretty good other than having to get up to go to the restroom in the middle of the night.

Run Thru The Woods is coming up Thanksgiving Day and then I do not have to announce again until January and March.

Not sure if I'm going to retire from everything after March or not.

I gave up three races with The Woodlands Township a couple of years ago just because I wanted my time back - and these next moves would be for the same reason.

While I've served the various communities well, I have some things I want to have the energy to do.

I want to continue to be able to run races at will and attend sporting events without having to alter my schedule for these things.  We'll see.  I'll certainly give the appropriate parties the right lead time, but for now, as I stated in a Facebook post on Friday, I'm year-to-year.

I think the thing is that I hate to walk away from things that will not be treated with the same seriousness that I give them.  So it is almost to protect the sanctity of the roles.  I might not be the best announcer, but I try to hold it to the high standards that I believe the role should have.

I really wanted to go to Austin today to see a women's basketball game in the new Moody Center, but making the drive over and back just is not in the cards.

I like going to new venues, but I think I'll go see a Rice women's game at 2 p.m. today and then Prairie View A&M at 8 p.m. this evening.  If you're at either games and you see a guy with a book, that'll be me.  And I'll be enjoying every minute of it.

Not much else going on.  Normally Waverly and I would go walking at Memorial Park this evening, but she has a lot of things to get done yesterday and today so I don't want to interrupt her efforts there.

We'll walk in the morning as I now have some time available to me that I didn't fully expect to, and I'll be broadcasting some basketball with my good friend Dan Morgan on Tuesday from Rosehill Christian and their girls tournament.

If you happen to stumble upon this, as always, keep me in your prayers that I continue to be a proper example for Christ like I should be.  I sin, I fail and am covetous of any and all prayers, other than my own seeking forgiveness from God, for me to be able to serve as I need to be.

Have a great Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment