Monday, June 25, 2018

Tap Out Ten; June 25, 2018

I’ve done this in the past and called it, “Tap Out Ten”.

And that’s just to do a brain dump for ten minutes of the day that just passed.

I used to do it on my phone while laying in bed, but I’m upright having arrived in Denton about two hours earlier than normal on a Monday evening.

Great weekend with my daughter as we traveled to Boston and then participated in races in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

We’ve been taking trips together since she was about seven or eight.

Rhode Island was special.  We finally made it into state #50 and, of course, we’ve also have been – and run a race in – Washington, D.C.

It was state #50 for me to run a race in.

We ran it together, and she told me afterward that she was holding back a little.  I’ve been battling a tight hamstring that got in a knot two Fridays ago at a cross country 5K in Huntsville.

This morning, my chiropractor, Dr. Dawn Schwab with Spinal Care Chiropractic in The Woodlands, made an adjustment and quickly noticed that my hips were out of alignment.

She’s been such a godsend to me physically.

Over the last 12 years, her work and adjustments have kept me out of surgery as I have had two protruding discs for quite some time that are degenerative.

One of the many, many things in my life that I’m thankful for.

This weekend, I will be announcing the second annual Independence Day 8K on Saturday morning then going to El Paso for the rest to see a ballgame in El Paso and either a Pecos League game in Alpine or Alamagordo.

I’ve scouted out churches to attend regardless of the decision.

I’d really like to go to Alpine to see Kokernot Field, but I do need a little bit more rest from this past weekend’s trip, which included a half marathon and a 5K.

We’ll see how I feel.

I’m using some of my Hilton Honors points to stay at the Doubletree, which means I’ll be able to walk to the new ballpark there in El Paso Saturday evening after I fly in.

I also can walk to church I believe on Sunday morning if I decide to go to the game in Alamagordo on Sunday evening, but I need to confirm the times.

Thankful as always for safe travels to Denton here this evening.

Just a number of crazy, overly aggressive drivers who speed ruin an otherwise easy trip, even though it takes me regularly four and a half hours to get her.

I stopped this evening at McKenzie’s in Madisonville.  Excellent food, but the service at the Madisonville location is much slower than the one in Huntsville.

I’ve signed Waverly up to run the Independence Day 8K.  It is always great to have her be able to go along when I’m working a race. 

Not that I have help with my sound equipment, I just enjoy seeing her work at something – and am glad for any time that I get to spend with her, especially as she gets older.

I’ll start preparing in a day or two, but I already have my mental approach down to what needs to be done to announce the race for Graham and Brian and the entire Race Assist team.

If you’ve stumbled upon this, I sincerely hope that you’ve had a great Monday and have an even better week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment