Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Tap Out Ten; June 27, 2018

It has been pretty hot up here in north Texas.

When I ran with the Denton Area Running Club at 8:00 p.m. for their 5K social run, it was still in the upper 90s.  Ouch!

Just slowed it down even more than what I already run.  My hamstring held up pretty good.  Have some more stretching to get to when I get done with this.

Am starting to look ahead to football season and was able to put together LSCSN.com’s composite football schedules for the Southwest Preparatory Conference (SPC) and TAPPS Division I.

I had started on TAPPS Division V and hope to finish it tomorrow.

Reached out to Dan Morgan, LSCSN.com’s founder and my broadcast partner, and I proposed a schedule for broadcasting football games in 2018 based on a requirement or two.

Hope to be able to release that here soon.

We’re going to put a commentary out there shortly to solicit some feedback on what the Texas private and parochial high school sports community feels like we should be doing.

We’re in one of those, “We need to find our compass” stages, I think.

Looking forward to heading home tomorrow. 

My initial plan was to run one of the two 5Ks up here – one in Dallas and the other in Fort Worth, but I may pass them up.

I’m considering going to the Cleburne Railroaders game, which starts at 7:06 p.m., but it would mean that I would get home between midnight and 1 a.m.

I’m hoping to get the data file tomorrow from Graham Schooley for Saturday’s second annual Independence Day 8K so I can complete my preparation a day early and can go and get things printed and laminated on Friday.

Graham had shared with the team that RA Sports Management will have a 10-race card in 2019.

Pretty exciting.  I like working with Graham and Brian Jones and their team.  Have no complaints whatsoever.

In other announcing news, a national race producer reached out to me today about announcing their Houston race again in 2019, but I want to make sure that the local party that brought me to the table  last year is taken care of.

They said that they are in the process of filing out an RFP to provide race management resources..

Not too much else going on.

I did get to participate in a call for the next project that I’ll be working on after this project is complete.

Pretty exciting to be able to work with a company that I used to work for early in my healthcare career and to be able to see – and work with – some products that my company have developed in a couple of different spaces in the industry.

Really appreciate my leadership seeing fit to include me on the engagement.

Congratulations June Harris for agreeing to lead the Houston Area Road Runners Association (HARRA) for the coming year and glad that they had the courage to have essentially an outsider step up and agree to serve in an important capacity.

More later on the organization that doesn’t seem to value fresh, new perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment