Monday, July 9, 2018

Tap Out Ten; July 9, 2018


Really good day capped off by the drive up here to Denton this evening for work tomorrow over in Wise County, but it was a little long too.

However, one of the best parts was a nice 3 2/3-mile run with Waverly on The Woodlands Waterway before I started my drive up here.

With the new project assignment after my work here is done in mid-October, we should be able to log some more miles together and I will also be able to get out to the track with Bill Dwyer’s group as well.

Got a lot done, including an appointment with my chiropractor, Dr. Dawn Schwab with Spinal Care Chiropractic Center in The Woodlands, today. 

She really does an incredible job in keeping me in as healthy of a position as possible to keep tearing my body up from running.

I’ve had two protruding discs that we discovered about 12-13 years that will never “go away” without surgery, but her constant adjustments have kept me out of surgery all that time.

I’m very thankful for the work she’s done on and for me.

I’m also very thankful for getting back to listening to some programs on KCBI on the drive up this evening – Dr. Robert Jeffress, Tony Evans, John MacArthur and Focus on the Family. 

Two good hours of instruction and insight.

One of the most profound things I heard was from a guy named Ted Cunningham who co-wrote a book with the (now) late Gary Smalley that was “Unresolved anger is like drinking poison expecting the other person to get sick.”

Then again, I heard a variation of that on Sunday at the Church Project from the lesson given by Tierce Green.

He said, “Holding a grudge is like drinking position hoping the other person gets sick, but you’re the one that’s dying.”

Good things to remember.

There are two individuals that immediately came to mind on Sunday – and that was Tierce’s point, I believe, and these were folks that either did something to me (wrongly accused me of something in response to me learning something about them that they didn’t fully want me to know) or put me in a position to have to make a decision that was unpopular (to them), but was “right” for me.

I just have to continue to work to guard against letting things slip back to where I want to see something not good come their way.

If I do, then I would still be basically holding that grudge and not forgiving them for their actions.

So, it was a great lesson and one on Sunday that I probably took more notes on then I have in quite some time.

I also listened to a podcast – once I made it in my hotel room here in Denton - of the pastor that I was in attendance for last week – Dr. Mark Rotramel of First Baptist Church El Paso.

He spoke about “People Matter:  Handle With Care”, which was their lesson from this past Sunday.

He had started a new series with his congregation last Sunday about foundational truths that were needed by their church to be able to support and serve their church and local communities.

I really enjoyed visiting there last Sunday and will very likely listen to their sermons more frequently.

I need to do the same for the Church Project as well as some other churches that I’ve attended and their pastors.

Never hurts to continue to have the right material going in each and every day – as opposed to what some of the world has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment