Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Multiple Weekend Plans; October 15, 2019

So I have three more events (or races) for 2019 and that's it.

I asked off for Thanksgiving as well as a race that is just four days before Christmas.

Saturday I will fulfill my commitment to the Seven Hills Running Club to announce its Huntsville Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon and 5K, which starts and finishes at the Walker County Fairgrounds.

Then I have two cross country meets -- the UIL Region III meet in Huntsville and the NXR South meet in The Woodlands the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

I'll make decisions regarding those meets sometime the early part of next year, but I'm looking forward to being done with announcing road races.

I've had a good career, if you want to call it that. 

I've made a lot of friends and acquaintances, for which I'm grateful and thankful for.

Now what am I going to do the rest of this coming weekend?  Not sure.

I have two paths.  Well, really three.  Maybe even four.

Going north from Huntsville, I can either go to the Southwestern Assemblies of God University football game in Waxahachie at 2:00 p.m. or the Tarleton State game in Stephenville at 6 p.m.

There's a couple of race options for Sunday morning, but just depends how much driving I want to do.

I have one option where I'd go to Nacogdoches to see a volleyball game at SFA at 1 p.m. and then a football game in Natchitoches, La. at 6:00 p.m. and then drive south to LaPlace, La. for a race on Sunday morning.

Or I could drive straight to Denham Springs, La. and catch a couple of women's junior college basketball games before going on to LaPlace.

Like yesterday's post title, "We'll see."

I was given $50 in Barnes & Noble gift cards recently.  Well, OK, really it was Sunday.

So, I put them to good use on Monday when I arrived here in the Franklin / Brentwood area of Tennessee for work before I made it to the client site.

For $3.74, which, of course, included the tax, I got three books that I found interesting to read.

The first one, "Northern Lights", is pretty good and I've already knocked out 88 of the book's 202 pages.  Like this one, the other two have sports and faith-based themes.

Not too much more to talk about.

Dan Morgan asked me on Sunday if there might be any games that we could broadcast on Friday night, but my concern is that I know I won't be available the next two weeks because of going to Washington, D.C. with Waverly as she runs the Marine Corps Marathon and the following week flying back to Pennsylvania to drive my grandmother's car back to Texas.

And to close out the post, I noticed within the last 24 hours that Shots For Holly got a press mention in a story in the Spring Observer. 

It also indicated that Shots For Holly would be hosting a flu shot event on Sunday, Oct. 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Aidan’s Episcopal Church, 13131 Fry Road in Cypress. 

If you haven't got your flu shot for the current season, this would be a great way to get it taken care of.

This not-for-profit charity was established after my sister, Holly, passed away from the flu in January 2014.  Michelle Becker and her team have constantly been doing a great job in raising flu shot awareness in our communities since Holly passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment