Sunday, January 1, 2023

Tap Out Ten; January 1, 2023

Good first day to start the New Year!

No major complaints.  Sure, I wish my 5K time was different from this morning's race, but I spent the day with a lot of good people.

And that included my Mom and Dad for a couple of hours at their place in the early evening.

Thursday is my birthday and I'm already looking forward to spending time with Waverly; however, I wish there was somebody additionally to spend it with.

Don't get me wrong:  my daughter is enough.  However, I wish that I had somebody else to spend time with.

I don't want to reveal too much, but there was somebody that I saw today that I wish I was able to spend time with.

There's a lot of ways I don't feel I measure up, but I actually feel good about myself.  

And if they can't see that, it is their loss.  Because, I'm worth it.

I got an amazing message late this afternoon that I need to respond to as a result of the recent article that was written about me.  I'm excited for the possibility there.

Dan and I will broadcast two pairs of games this week on Tuesday and Friday at Westbury Christian and Rosehill Christian, respectively.

I'm grateful of the ability we've been given to serve the Texas private and parochial high school sports communities.

I saw my first movie of the New Year a short while ago from authoring this "Tap Out Ten".  It was called "The Whale".

It was pretty good, but at times intense.

I'm not good in analyzing movies, etc., but, to me, the message out of it was to be positive about as much as possible regardless of what you're faced with, even the most vile and horrible things that might be thrown at you.

I just want to keep doing this year.

At times, I still feel a bit adrift, but if I can write things down that I've done I can navigate my way through the mess.

I'm also glad that I can just do things that I feel are right.  Some to support people. I had a chance to do that late Friday night from going down to Missouri City to cheer on some runners that were participating in the Snowdrop 55-Hour Ultra to running Ron's race this morning at Vintage Park.

And also today I got the opportunity to spend a good amount of time with Bill, my best friend.  I've said before that he's like a brother that I never had.  And even though we actually have 10 years difference between us, it doesn't feel that way at all and I'm grateful for our friendship.

Have a great Monday, if you're reading this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment