Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Tap Out Ten; August 12, 2019

"Tap Out Ten" is just 10 minutes of thoughts at the end of the day into the Notes function of my iPhone before I put my head on the pillow.

First of all, am thankful to God for another day.

A friend shared something in Linkedin three days ago, which I didn’t see until today, and it was about not wasting another day.

And that’s what I want to resolve to do.

Let God use me where he sees that I can be of an asset to somebody or something.

Not for me to determine but Him.

Was really pleased to be able to share with the world where my daughter will be teaching this year.

Last year was an experience for her and that’s all I’ll say.

Where she’s at she can be her "whole me” as she said.

She’ll likely have a class of 11 second graders.

Am really, really excited for and happy with how her life is.

I asked her specifically yesterday if she was happy.  She said she was and I said that is what all that matters.

Me? There’s nothing that I’m really unhappy or stressed about, thankfully.

Sure there’s been recent disappointment but I like me - even though that there’s a whole list of things that I probably don’t measure up to in the minds of others.

Their loss, though, for not taking the time or taking the effort to learn about me.

I’m going to try and do my best each day I’m given.

Looking forward to a quick trip this weekend.  Couple of baseball games, a sports book festival in Waco and a race, of course.

Must stay busy.

As I shared with a runner on Saturday, inactivity is not a good look for me but sometimes it is hard to choose what to do or make sure it is enough.

Will keep swinging the fences until then.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment