Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wednesday Night Musings; August 7, 2019

While I spend a lot of time alone - and some of it by choice, I do my best to try and serve others with that time, primarily through the recognition of people in both the endurance sports and private and parochial high school sports communities.

Some days it is a bit harder than the others, but at the end of the day, I put my head on the pillow knowing that I've done the best I can. 

Even though on some things I can be a little jealous.  :-)

I don't discuss work much in the public setting because it isn't appropriate when people can easily search what you make available to the public. 

However, the individual that I report to the company that I've been with for a little over 12 years now presented me with an opportunity of a good level of responsibility on a long-term contract that the company just signed. 

If it comes about, I'm incredibly thankful for it.  The individual shared the reasons why they said that I'm their first choice for the role.

Took an opportunity via the survey form to provide some feedback to the half marathon that I ran on Sunday. 

Three minor things:

1.)  Explain the reason for the delay, which was that certain people weren't in position on the course in time.  They actually had a patient crowd, but I always like to share the reason as long as it doesn't put somebody in a terrible light.

2.)  While the water station help was great and the number of stations were perfect, the water and electrolyte placement at all of them should have been consistent.

3.)  The race went to the trouble - and expense - to have the course certified, but the mile marker signs prior to mile 9 weren't on the green course certification markings.  Crazy.

And finally, my daughter shared with me that her Resident Director at Liberty is going to be moving back to Texas and taking a job at a private school that is a part of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS), which I work outside of my career to promote their member schools' athletic programs.  Pretty neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment