Saturday, November 30, 2019

On The Run in Waco; November 30, 2019

I've run 61 races this year and if I hadn't already run in Gatesville earlier this year, it would have been 62.

However, I just decided to get some miles in and around Waco instead.  Waited until about 9 a.m. this morning to run and went down to the Hilton at Franklin and University Parks to start.

I ran south on Franklin all the way to 19th St. and then turned around and came back.

Took a short quarter of a mile walk over to Webster and then proceeded to run just past the Silo District, back over to Franklin and then back to the corner of Franklin / University Parks.

I ran the extra bit because I really need to get my long distance endurance back, even if I have to walk about it to get there.

15:09.33 (Out, uphill)
14:48.49 (Back, downhill)
29:57.82 - 2.82 / 10:38
3:56.09 - 0.25 (walk)
13:14.80 - 1.3 / 10:12

4.12 miles / 10.32 since Thanksgiving  #RWRunStreak
Five straight days as I ran Tuesday and Wednesday.

Biggest surprise on the run was seeing First Baptist Church of Waco charging $10 for the closest spots to the Silo District.

I'm a believer and I sure get capitalism, but thought you might be able to actually reach people for Christ by charging less than it just appearing to be a commercial transaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment