Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Working Through The Issues; March 31, 2021

I think the other thing that hurts is that you feel like no matter what you did, you were never good enough to earn anything from that individual.

They wanted - and got - your genuine, heartfelt affirmation and praise, and probably fed off of that, but never returned - nor cared to ask or know - what I needed.

Yet I know that people have turned it around to me and have said, "No, they weren't worth being your friend."

I just saw a post by a real friend late on Wednesday evening and I thought to myself that if I really needed something he would be somebody that I could pick up the phone and he would attempt to available immediately.

I guess I desire every connection to have that potential, but of course that's not reality.

I think that's the sad thing about social media.  You see people being genuine with others -- or appear to be, yet they can't or won't with you.  They won't even see if it is a possibility.

That's what's really a kick in the butt -- and a demoralizer.

Yet again, maybe they're not really worthy of you.

Then why do I chase something that's not healthy for me.

There's probably more than a few people who think that I have it all put together, but even at my age I don't.

I feel like I should be "more" of something, but I don't know if there was anything other than genuine love that I could have more of any material thing that would overcome that need.

Some days are blissfully easy; others really suck.

So just another day of trying to make it through and feel worthy, loved and accomplished -- all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment