Saturday, May 7, 2022

Learning; May 7, 2022

My daughter moved into her place yesterday.  She'll be 27 in a few weeks.

I've given her the opportunity to be at home for the last nine years after graduating from high school while she got her degree and started her professional career.

During this time, she's banked a lot of money.  She basically has a two-year-old car that's been paid off because she was able to put a large down payment on it and then have a year to start building her credit.

So it was time, and this move allows her to be closer to work, which will save her time as she develops her social life and continue to work towards her masters degree.

Me today, I learned that I don't have to go to a race to be happy.

I don't know that I let it define me, even though I have enjoyed it.

I was actually in the car, down the street and when I got to the end of the street I turned around and parked it and went back and laid down.

I went to bed early with the hopes of going to Yoakum to run a 5K this morning, but I was wide awake in the three o'clock hour and started moving things that were in the master bedroom to the room vacated by my daughter.

I hope to complete that this weekend sometime, but I'm happy with not even going to run one of the two parkruns this morning.

More later as I work to plan out the rest of my day.

God bless you if you're reading along.

No comments:

Post a Comment