Monday, May 9, 2016

Tap Out Ten; May 8, 2016

I would call Mother's Day 2016 a mixed bag.

Nothing bad, just different.

I wanted to go do the Run For Wellness 5K at the San Jacinto Monument, but I was still a little wiped from Saturday's downhill half marathon in Las Vegas.

In fact, the delayed onset muscle soreness is definitely worse right now.

I made it to church as planned with my Mom.  Dad and my two nieces were there too.

It was a rough day for Mom and the girls.

I think it is one of the reasons why I (almost) detest the Hallmark holidays as it puts inordinate amounts of focus and stresses on some folks who may find such days to be challenging.

Really? Shouldn't I love my parents year-round (I.e. Every day)?

Absolutely.

The five of us went to Brooklyn Pizza and had a good meal together.

I came back, lounged around and took a nap.

Had a text from Waverly about changing our call because she had an activity planned at the time of our call with her leadership team for her hall for next year.

That absolutely trumps Dad with Dad's approval.

Even though I love am spending time and talking with my daughter.

She'll be home in a week and I can't wait for her to be here.

As we discussed and I noted a few days ago, this will be an emotional week for her as she has invested her heart in each one of the young women on her hall.

Again, I'm so proud of her desire to be involved, reach out and do her best to minister to the young ladies she spent eight months of her life with this past school year.

Lots ahead this week and lots to be in prayer about, especially Dad's and our founding Pastor John Gross' surgeries that both are on Wednesday morning.

Thankful for all that God has given me.

I do my best never to take it for granted for one minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment