Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Checkpoint; June 15, 2021

So after many, many months, it has kind of boiled down to this:  There's a person that it is just not healthy for me to be around in any way, shape or form.

They belong to an athletic group, of whom there are many people that I enjoy and consider friends and is led by an individual that I have considered to be one of my best friends.

There have been some actions taken by the person that isn't healthy for me toward me that has put me in a position to not be able to support the group that they belong to, nor be near them collectively.

I want the best for the individual and pray for them as often as I can, especially when I'm out brisk walking.  I ask God to meet their needs and help them where they are willing to accept it.

I wish no ill will toward anybody, but I have to take actions to protect me, especially mentally.

Our definitions of friendship differed.  Greatly.  There was an unwillingness to discuss any issues.

Without options, I have been left with no choice but to separate and withhold support to the group that they belong to and where their behavior and actions are validated and left unchecked.  Leadership is aware.

I have been seeking Godly counsel and I'm thankful for a friend who has stepped up and provided sound spiritual guidance and direction and came rushing in when others have left.

I only hope that others never have to experience the things that I did which could have been resolved by one being responsive, honest and forthright, instead of being unresponsive and unwilling to act in a professional, constructive manner.

I'm working on taking care of me, even if it is just by myself for the majority of the time.

Please keep all involved in your prayers if and when you pray.  I know I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment