Friday, June 4, 2021

Working On Me; June 4, 2021

I get a lot of input related to my most recent situation that I'm continuing to work on overcoming.

One Instagram post this morning said, "There's no such thing as "staying friends" with a narcissist.  They have never been and will never be your friend.  They are your enemy."

Enemy is a strong word, but I totally agree with that now.

I used to like to think that they wanted real friendship, but that's just not the truth.  If so, there would have been an effort to make it happen.

And what's happened lately is that I have problems with those who support and embolden them because it just enables their behavior.

However, I also read this morning Psalm 37 in a visual read in an Instagram post.

I like the interpretation on Wikipedia.  It is as follows:

Psalm 37 is a response to the problem of evil, which the Old Testament often expresses as a question: why do the wicked prosper and the good suffer? In the New American Bible, Revised Edition, published by the Catholic Church in the USA, the psalm answers that this situation is only temporary: God will reverse things, rewarding the good and punishing the wicked here on earth.[1] This interpretation is shared by Protestants. Matthew Henry calls it David's call to patience and confidence in God by the state of the godly and the wicked.[3] Charles Spurgeon calls it "the great riddle of the prosperity of the wicked and the affliction of the righteous".[2]

It is written as an acrostic and divided into discrete sections. Each section ends with God's resolution of the question.[2]

The psalm has also been understood as a prayer of the persecuted who has taken refuge in the temple or figuratively of refuge in God. The psalm concludes with a plea to God for those who honor him, to bless them with his justice and to protect them from the snares of the wicked.[4]

KSBJ had a nice post this morning:  "God isn't asking you to figure it out.  He's just asking you to trust that He already has."

Which I have to do better in trusting and believing in that.

I'm also starting to work through a book that I've had on my shelf for a long time.

It is called "100 Ways To Overcome Depression".

I'm not saying right now that I am, but I recently was.  In fact, there were some pertty dark moments.

Today's item referenced Psalm 73:25-26 that said that "...but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever."

The writer said that "the heart is the seat of the mind, emotions and will" and that if one turns their heart over to God He will be their portion forever.

If you're reading, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment