Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Always Ready To Listen; December 29, 2021

When you fail to pray, you end up feeling distant from God.  And that, in turn, makes you even more reluctant to pray.

No matter how distant you might feel from the Lord, God is always close by.  He hasn't changed, moved, disappeared, or lost interest in you.  So close the gap.  Take a simple step toward God and talk to Hi.  The more you di this, the more comfortable you'll become communicating with Him.  And the more you pray, the more opportunity you'll have to ask for His help for yourself and on behalf of others.  And the more you ask, the more answers and guidance you'll receive.  No matter what your situation, God is always ready to listen!

Source:  One-Minute Insights For Men, Jim George, page 5.
Copyright 2013 Jim George

My thoughts:  I think I grew up either knowing or thinking that I had to be on my knees to pray, which, of course, is certainly maybe a foolish thought, but I'm certain that I let that be a stumbling block for me not to for so many years.

Yet, at times, I know that, even though I'm focused on it being just a conversation with God, I feel foolish almost if I don't.  Something I still struggle with I suppose.

Intellectually, I believe that God is always available to listen to us.  

The hardest part of me is when I feel a burden to is that I don't steal some time away and go get alone and have a short conversation with God.  

It is like I'm stopping myself from doing something that I know is right.

I know this year I'm thankful to God for steering me out of things that I didn't need to be in as much as my heart - and desire to be loved as a friend - tried to pull me into something that I shouldn't have been in.

It is almost why I want to focus on putting together a book for private and parochial high school athletics to keep myself from that area of my world to not be subject to one person's projection of a lot of hate on to me, when I've done nothing other than maintained boundaries from them the most of the time that I've known them.


No comments:

Post a Comment