Monday, March 28, 2022

Tap Out Ten; March 28, 2022

Pretty good day.  No major complaints.

Didn't get a run or a brisk walk in, but worked out on my rower, elliptical machine and my Air Assault bike.

Looking forward to my trip this weekend to Amarillo.

Which means, if my narcissist is reading, I won't be at the Sunday Night 5K.  Have fun.

I reached out to the two coaches who control five of the meets that I will do to let them know that I'm planning on returning in 2022.

And, of course, I need the dates of the meets so I can put them on my calendar.

What's crazy is that last year I had prepared both of them of any potential incident that could possibly have happened from the narcissist if they thought about creating a scene.

You do what you have to do to protect yourself.

Both of them told me that they would respond if something developed.

I think I'm going to start working on a book on Texas private and parochial high school athletics.  I believe I want to do something like an all-time "Who's Who?" type book.

I'd love to do something different, but we'll see how things go as I get started.  Lots of opportunities.

I don't know if we're going to do any baseball or softball broadcasts like we did for basketball.

That's really on my colleague Dan as he's done some of both.  I haven't.  And he's got a lot of those contacts.

Basketball?  I'll be ready for another go of things in 2022-2023.  Actually hope to do more games than what he did this year.

We just kind of got back into the swing of things by leveraging our existing relationships with athletic directors and coaches that we know.

We'll expand upon those next season.

I like the space that I'm in right now, even though work may become an issue here shortly.

If it does, I will take some time off and do some traveling to get my 254 county project completed.  Hope to get over the 200 mark this weekend.

Not a lot else going on:  kind of what I say when I talk to my parents.

I need to check in with them to see how their trip to San Antonio went to see the University of Houston Cougars Saturday night.

Of course, they lost to Villanova.  Heck, I don't even really know who all four teams are.  I'm pretty sure Villanova and Duke are in.  I didn't pay any attention yesterday to who won Sunday's games.

And then I believe the women should have been done tonight and now have there's complete.

Maybe I can report on that tomorrow night.

If you're reading, God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment