Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Buckling In; August 16, 2016

What an emotional roller coaster ride this is.  Wow.

For the most part, all is positive and optimistic as I'm engaging with as many people as I can.  I'm very fortunate that I have somebody at the customer site who is being an advocate for me here.

And, then, there are times where a wave of fear comes crashing over me.

Some of which has been exacerbated by just leaving my daughter in Virginia for her senior year of college, which includes a whole different set of emotions for and from her.

I'm exploring the possibility of going back to school to finish up a Bachelor's degree that I initially didn't succeed at.  I've applied at a very reputable online university.  (Hint:  Some of my money goes there already.)

They're going to be able to get one transcript to evaluate.

I just ordered the electronic transcript from where I got my Associate's degree at and I'm going to have to go to the University to request the transcript since it was before 2000.

And if the absolute worst happens and something doesn't happen right away, I have applied with one of the area school districts (and maybe one or two more) to substitute teach while I was doing course work towards getting that Bachelor's degree.

I guess I'm fortunate enough from my current employer to at least have four weeks' warning as opposed to none once my work at this customer site is complete on August 31.

Still it is a little unnerving.

I have a few trips planned at the end of the month and the start of next month.

I've hesitated taking them, but it may be best to go ahead and enjoy them while trying to keep other expenses at a minimum while doing so.

Thank you again for all of you who have prayed, are praying or will pray for me in the days, weeks and months ahead.

While all of our efforts are to be done as a light to others and in service to Him, I don't want to waste your time, effort and energy either in your support of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment