Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Calming A Fearful Heart; August 30, 2016

As a requirement for one of Waverly's classes this fall, it was recommended that she join a Christian educator's professional organization.

From that membership, she receives a periodic publication.

It came in the mail this past week here at the house in Spring.

It is the organization's "Back to School" issue and its cover topic is "Fearless."

Thumbing through it, I presume that there might be a regular column called "The Heart Dimension".

The writer's heading is "A Fearful Heart".

I'm no Elijah.  That's for sure.  Whether it be by comparison of Elijah's walk with Christ to mine or what all he suffered.

The writer, Vernard T. Gant, wrote that Elijah "went from talking about God on a mountain top to hiding in a cave."

Gant wrote that God didn't give up on Elijah and that He "gently whispered encouragement in the middle of that cave."

He said that it "allowed Elijah to overcome his fear" and regain "his passion for God's purposes."

The author uses Psalm 46:10 to illustrate that we should "be still, and know that I am God."

And then he follows with Isaiah 30:21, "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."

Mid-day, I had a call from the recruiter that is working with the company that is looking at flying me out the week after next to interview with them.

There was something that he needed for me to do, but I interpret this all as God showing me a potential way to go.

Again, as I shared earlier, we have to be willing to move and take action, ask God to lead us and trust that leading.

Tomorrow is the last day at the client that I've been at since July 2012.

I got a couple of items updated today, had another training session with somebody that would be doing some data analysis that I've done weekly for them since January 2015 and prepared for Wednesday.

There's some sadness there because I've had the opportunity to work in a world-class institution that has its challenges, but also has some very talented people.

And while there's nervousness because I don't know what completely lies ahead from the company that I'm currently employed by, I have things revealed to me that calms my fearful heart.

Like the Ryan Stevenson song, "Eye of The Storm", says, "I did my best ... My only hope is to trust You, I trust you Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment