Thursday, April 15, 2021

Continuing To Unpack The Damage; April 15, 2021

We make errors.  Every day.  All of us do.

Only error in my most recent situation that I made was extending too much credibility to someone who didn't earn it.

I shared some vulnerabilities and they exploited them for the attention and most importantly the respect and kindness that I extended to them.

As long as they didn't have to reveal any of those to anybody, it was an emotional gravy train for them.

I had one other bad experience ten years ago and the one thing that I've learned is to document, document, document, especially in today's culture.

I've never deleted anything.  

Heck, I even blocked somebody on Facebook as a test to make sure I didn't lose anything from them when I had done so.

I've actually never had a one-on-one conversation away from people with the person.

So in the end, I'm actually glad that they didn't accept when I asked for time after they said that all of our recent encounters were brief.

I don't have that to worry about.

And for the record, I never expected them to accept.  I knew better, but through it all it revealed their true character.

I shared something on Instagram through the night when I was wide awake at about 1:10 a.m.

It was very generic, but very true too.

I appreciate those who reached out and said that they had experienced it too.

And to the one who shared an article that spelled out basically over time how it came to be, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment