Friday, April 9, 2021

Tap Out Ten; April 9, 2021

As I have said before, I love to write.

I do not know who is reading and I don’t ask.

Anonymous reading?  I guess that is the luxury of reading blogs.  You can view into somebody’s world and decide to stay or leave and move on to somebody else.

I know recently it seems like you have been reading a crash site.

Trust me, I have felt the crash, but, you know, I am thankful for it, even though it hurts.

Last Friday, I literally got down on my knees and prayed about it.

I mean I can pray to God from anywhere, any place, and I have.

I asked for some peace and I got it.

Does not make everything go away and yes, that takes time, but I believe that he answered that small prayer to get me out of a cycle of --- I do not know what to call it.

What I do know is that the spinning has stopped – and I have some new strategies to keep it from swirling back up too soon again.

I saw a post that said something to the effect that I expect everybody to be me.

I laughed when I saw it, knowing the impossibility of it and the mostly boring nature that would present.

But, you see, I like me.

I let bad situations cloud that though.  I doubt that I like myself in those times.

I just must continually look around at the 100 who support me versus one or two who can never be open, honest, real, and vulnerable.

Have you ever noticed that people who have either done you wrong – and they know it – or have something to hide that they really do not want to get in to too long of a conversation with you.

Why?  They are afraid you will bring it up.

I do not know if that is really the case with the latest individual that I have had challenges with.

If they do not talk and share, I do not know.

So, my only choice is to be available if they do but live my life as if they do not exist – even though I know that they’re still out there.

I have had chances to be a good friend to others and I hope that I measure up to those individuals who need that from me.

I certainly do not want somebody to withhold from helping me if I really need it; therefore, I hope that I step up when those opportunities present themselves.

Nonetheless, looking forward tomorrow as I get a chance to help celebrate a friend’s birthday by running the Blue Bell Fun Run Half Marathon in Brenham.

My daughter and I will be running – not racing – it.

Looking forward to a great morning.

Lots of folks from my best friend’s running group will be there – and I know a few folks from a lot of different areas will also be in attendance.

I will try to let my hair down a bit and share some pictures tomorrow.

If you are reading, thanks.

Please pray for me.  I surely need it.

I just want to do as right as I can be as much as I can possibly be – and do my best to serve others.

No comments:

Post a Comment