Sunday, April 25, 2021

Learning and Growing; April 25, 2021

Ran a little bit of a test today.

I took some pictures at the first of two races that I attended today and some of them I put on the Facebook page of my best friend's running group in real time.

I - after I ran my second race of the morning - offered them to the individual that controls the Instagram account since earlier I did thwart a picture request from Blue Bell with me instructing them to ask for pictures from my best friend.

They never did and used another (as I said before, didn't bother me one bit), and then with pictures that I took at a race they did well at last Saturday, they, of course, never asked for the ones that I shared in the same place.

It was about keeping a hook in me when I hadn't contacted them since their response to the request to resolve the issues between us days after The Woodlands Marathon, which they firmly rebuffed.

I've been advised by many to have no contact with the individual (and was following that because they never offered any explanation(s) for their actions), but I tried to extend grace and forgiveness - of their behavior when I probably shouldn't have - and offered for them to use what I took today.

I had my statement handed back to me, which is OK.

I replied "No worries.  I offered.  Thank you for responding."

It could have either gone this way or to have accepted them - and have tried to start somewhere.  

I feel bad that they're butt hurt, but at this point I don't care.

I had liked to have had their friendship over the years, but honestly, I don't need nor want it.

It is now gone forever.

They brought up something to me in early February about being "on again and off again" since 2012 and I was like, "And its bothered you this long and you've never said anything?"  

Tells me the whole story.  It was about them trying to keep the "obedient admirer" act up. 

And in the past, I would have been spiraling.

No more.  I had a lot of help to get me to this point to where their actions do not bother me.

I totally expected this.

I now know what to expect in the future.

All good.  I had a great day, in more ways than one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment